A Healthy Valentine Treat
Step aside chalky candy hearts and chocolate bonbons, this year we are going all-natural... with good old fashion fruit! Make these heart shaped fruit skewers this Valentine's Day for a creative and easy-to-make treat. Great for your kid's lunch or as a healthy snack when they arrive home from school. Serve after dinner as a refreshing dessert and you'll be ready for hours of snuggling with your Valentine.
What you'll need:
- Wood skewers or popsicle sticks
- Melon fruit (water melon, cantaloupe, honeydew)
- Heart shaped cookie cutter (buy)
- Cut fruit into disks
- Use cookie cutter to cut hearts out of the melon
- Place fruit on the skewer or popsicle stick and serve!
An alternative to the traditional fruit skewer.
Make sure to add lemon to the apple to keep it fresh white.
Posted by Evite on February 13, 2013